Thank you for your interest in employment with MIMCO. A list of available job opportunities is below. However, if you are an experienced professional in commercial real estate or property management, please feel free to submit your resume and a cover letter specifying your salary requirements and area of expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a vendor interested in providing contract services, please call (915) 779-6500.
Reports to the Director of Property Management
Click to download the full job description: Property Manager Full Job Desciprtion
The purpose of Property Manager position is to Manage and Operate multiple retail and warehouse buildings. The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, etc. The Property Manager handles tenant complaints and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases.
The duties and responsibilities of the Property Manager position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serves as the primary representative to Tenants.
• Develops and maintains good tenant relations and maintains positive relationships with all customers. Proactively responds to Tenants’ needs and requests.
• Interface, coordinate and communicate regularly with Tenants and the Maintenance Department on maintenance matters, to include review of leases to determine Landlord or Tenant responsibility, draft non-template default letters, follow through to ensure Tenant compliancy on maintenance, and tracking cure dates. Also coordinate time frames for Tenant Improvements to deliver the premises to Tenant.
• Interface, coordinate and communicate regularly with Leasing Agents for preparation of Leases and Amendments. Follow-up with Agents or Tenants until signed documents are received.
• Interface, coordinate and communicate regularly with Accounting regarding billing to Tenants and account adjustments.
• Interface, coordinate and communicate regularly with the Construction Department to follow through on delivery of the premises to Tenant.
• Collection of tenant rents to include review of delinquency reports, preparation of non-template rent default letters, tracking cure dates, coordinating lockouts, negotiating rental payment arrangements, preparation of accounts to turn into attorney, and representing the Landlord in court.
• Run and review monthly reports for rent increases, lease extensions, month-to-month and percentage rents to ensure accuracy before transmitting notification to Tenant.
• Enter and maintain signed lease information in Yardi to reflect all relevant lease terms, including lease dates, rental amounts, CAM recovery details, etc.
• Cross-audit lease entry with Lease Admin before the completed lease file is given to Director.
• Annual CAM, Tax and Insurance Reconciliations: Analyze reconciliation expense pool set-ups in Yardi. Ensure all reconciliation guidelines accurately reflect the terms of the lease. Reconcile annual billings in a timely manner.
• Manage Tenant move-ins and move-outs processes.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required (bachelor’s degree preferred).
• Minimum of two (2) years of commercial real estate property management experience, or a minimum of three (3) years experience in a challenging service environment.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to multi-task; prioritize and work with minimal supervision, have strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are met;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Skilled in the use of the internet, spreadsheets, relational databases, and word processing software. Ability to process computer data, and to format and generate reports. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials;
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Yardi software experience;
• Strong mathematical, analytical and reasoning skills;
• Well-developed interpersonal skills;
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Ability to sit most of the time using office equipment and computers, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time;
• Ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 20 pounds;
• Ability to climb stairs in an office building.
The salary for the Property Manager position is commensurate with candidate experience and qualifications determined by management of MIMCO, LLC. In addition, MIMCO, LLC provides the following benefits to eligible employees:
• Health insurance coverage
• Short‐ and long‐term disability plan
• Flexible spending accounts
MIMCO, LLC was founded in 1972 to provide real estate investment opportunities in El Paso, Texas. With over 45 years of experience in the real estate business, our portfolio has grown to include approximately 325 properties in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.
Our shopping centers range in size from 8,000 to 276,000 square feet and office/warehouse projects from 1,200 to 196,000 square feet. MIMCO currently has over 1,750 tenants many of which have multiple locations with us. Because MIMCO only manages properties in which we have a vested interest, we take great pride and extra care to ensure that our properties are well maintained and that our property management team is responsive to our tenants’ needs. This strategy has been the key to our success, as it keeps our tenants happy and oftentimes leads to new opportunities to work with them again.
MIMCO is seeking new opportunities throughout Texas and the Southwest. Whether nationally recognized or a first business, with our open and responsive approach, we make deals happen. If you need a commercial location, build‐to‐suit, pad site or warehouse, MIMCO is your answer!
MIMCO, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or any other protected trait.